On the morning of my birthday I was woken from my nights rest by a text from my dear husband. It read as follows:
Happy birthday! It's time to wake up now. I would like to be the first to welcome you to your 33rd birthday treasure hunt! . . .
Clue #1: breakfast in bed, sorry that is not going to happen, but don't get MAD breakfast is waiting for you and the girls at everyone's favorite donut shop.
Make sure to tell them it's your 33rd birthday and give them your name, have fun and now you can figure the rest out!
So I got up, got myself ready, got the girls ready and out the door we went to start our adventure! We knew exactly where to go. Madbrooks donut shop! The girls were excited to eat there. Once there I went up to the counter, told them my name, and said it's my 33rd birthday. The girl at the counter smiled went in the back and brought out a box of donuts, a card and a gift. We sat down, I gave the girls and myself a donut (my favorite, chocolate cake donut with a layer of peanut butter and a layer of chocolate frosting, YUM!). I opened the present, it was a pretty necklace with matching earrings. I then opened the card, and it read:
Congrats! You have completed #1.
Moving on to #2 . . .
After the donut or donuts you may be thirsty, but not just any drink can quench the thirst of a 33 year old. Go get yourself a JUICE! Maybe you can add a booster to have enough energy to Jive or do the sAMBA.
Remember to tell them first thing when you walk in that you are 'Cori and today is your 33rd Birthday!"
Good Luck!
We finished eating our donuts and off we went to Jamba Juice. Once there we were standing in line about two people from the front and two of the workers looked at us and exclaimed, "are you Cori?". I said yes, and walked to the counter. They handed me a gift bag with a present (sunglasses), a gift card for a smoothie, and another card with another clue:
Congrats!
You have completed #2. Enjoy your thirst quenching juice! Time to move on to #3.
Clue #3: You are in no condition to travel across the world, but I still want to send you to an "out of town" sounding place. It is your birthday so I don't want you to get any pots and PAN's, but in ThAIland, "Pan" must meant a whole world of home decor. Go and reveal yourself. Remember to say who you are and how old you are, 33 (in case you forgot).
Good Luck!
Once we received our smoothies, we loaded back in the car and off to Tai-Pan. Again as we were walking to the customer service desk, two ladies were standing there and one asked, even before I got to the counter, "Are you Cori?". I smiled and answered yes. They then handed me a little box with another card attached. This one read:
Congrats! You have completed #3!
You have Finished!
Was it fun? Now, go home and relax for a bit. More treasures are to be found when I get home. Enjoy your day, I'll see you soon!
I love you morER (this refers to the cute card he got me)! Your the BEST!
Pete
When I opened the box there was a gift card to Tai-Pan. So since we were there, the girls and I shopped for a while. I found a couple 'treasures' and then we headed back home to follow the rest of the card's instructions - RELAX! Once home, the girls went to play with their friends and I took a nap! What a FUN day! I have the most awesome husband ever!! Aren't you all jealous?
When my nap was over I unfortunately had to get ready for work, just because I turned 33 and have an awesome husband, it doesn't mean I don't have to work! When Pete arrived home he was carrying a HUGE box. We all gathered in the living room and I went to work on opening the box. Well, of course there just wasn't ONE box, there were about 4 boxes inside each other. Each one wrapped and making me more excited to find out just what was inside the box!!
When I finally got to the last box I ripped off the paper and was REALLY surprised at what it was. It was an iPad!! I was kind of mad that he spent so much, but really EXCITED too!! He had already set everything up and loaded music, games, and books on it so I could take it to work. It certainly made my night a much better night and it really went by fast!!
Well I thought my surprises were over. We're talking about an AWESOME husband here, of course they weren't over. He and the girls arrived at my work around 9:30pm with an ice cream cake in hand!! Since I was working in the C-section suite, there were only 3 of us there so my beautiful family and my two co-workers sang "Happy Birthday" to me with the candles lit - don't worry, I wouldn't let Pete light ALL 33 of them, only 3.
It really was the BEST Birthday EVER!! Thanks Hon! I love you SOOOO Much!





2 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Happy late Birthday!
I told Brien to call you the other day, and I don't think he ever did; so happy birthday from the Park Family! I don't feel like I should be turning 33 in a few more months. In my head I'm still in my 20's.
Post a Comment