Well my plan was to throw Pete a big surprise birthday and invite all his friends. Well, I just haven't felt very creative or had much drive to do much. So I bombed out on that one this year. Sorry Dear!
I did make him breakfast cake the night before so when he woke up he could have something good for breakfast instead of the usual boring cereal. Then I planned on visiting him at work and eating lunch with him and the girls. But again, not much energy and I bummed out on that one too. Well if I remember right I did make him dinner and then had to rush off to work. Unfortunately I did not let him open presents on his birthday. He had to wait until the next day to open them. Sorry again.
When he finally did get to open presents Bug, Roo, and I gave him a new cordless drill set and the girls gave him a kite (they really wanted to fly kites with him), a cool t-shirt, and a pair of shorts. He seemed to really like the drill set.


Well to try to make it up to him for flopping on his birthday, I invited some of our friends from the neighborhood and had a BBQ on Saturday. We had dinner, cake and ice cream. I did try to fill one request, he wanted a baseball cake made with funfetti cake batter and homemade ice cream. (I was later informed that he ate dinner all by himself, he was still cooking the burgers and everyone else was eating before he came inside). Sorry again.

After dinner we went to the garage and took turns hitting the pinata. All the little kiddos took a turn first. Then it only took two adults to hit the pinata. I believe Wil was the one who finally broke the ball. It was fun hanging out with everyone. Thanks for coming and trying to help me make up for a flopped birthday.

Happy Birthday Honey! We love you!!





2 comments:
yay! its nice to see some updates on here! what fun you guys have been having! What a nice hubby you have! hope you had a good bday! Ipad ?nice!
Yes...you blogged! Glad my little brother is taking care of you!
Post a Comment