9/30/09

I Love My Grandma


My dear sweet Grandma (Ihler) Unger passed away on September 17, 2009. She had been battling Pancreatic cancer for the last few months. Surrounded by her family, she slipped away peacefully to live with our Father in Heaven.
My mom called me around 9 am on Thursday morning telling me that she didn't know how long grandma was going to be with us. I called Pete to see if he wanted to come with us and of course he did, so I got the girls up and ready and when Pete came home, just as we were about to walk out the door, my mother calls and asks where I am. I told her we were just walking out the door. Well that's when she tells me that Grandma is gone. I didn't want to believe it.
The viewing was beautiful and had all the class that Grandma had. Her casket was simple and beautiful. The funeral was very nice. Mom, Dad, Debbie and Alan all spoke about Grandma. I learned that day what a strong and wonderful lady Grandma was. I always thought she was special, but that's just because she was my Grandma. Grandma was someone to admire. She fought Breast cancer twice and battled a brave fight with the Pancreatic cancer that took her life. I have so many memories of Grandma and I will miss her very much. At times it still doesn't feel real that she is gone.
I am glad that my children were able to get to know their Great-Grandma. Bug still asks about her and then reminds me that she is living with Heavenly Father.
I will miss my grandma dearly and I admire her strength.
Continue the work you have so wonderfully done here Grandma and someday we will be together again.
I love You!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I am so sorry you lost someone so special, but I am sure that her life will be treasured. My kiddos still ask about my aunt ricki who passed away last year. It was so cute when my parents dog died they kept saying that she was up in heaven playing with aunt rick. We are moving tomorrow to cali. I will email you my cell phone number. I would still love to keep in contact with your family. We love and miss you guys!!!!

Anna said...

Hugs!